Public Relations and Social Media Account Executive
FWV Fetching, the pet and veterinary division of French | West | Vaughan, is seeking a full-time Public Relations and Social Media Account Executive to join the agency’s team. FWV Fetching is the nation’s first digital marketing and public relations agency wholly dedicated to serving the pet and veterinary industries.
We’re looking for an individual who will be responsible for day-to-day activities on public relations and social media campaigns. Candidates should have three to five years of experience, with preference shown to candidates with experience in the consumer pet products and veterinary industries. Candidate must be a clear and articulate speaker and writer, with a dedication to being creative, persuasive and accountable for successful completion of all assignments.
Responsibilities for the Public Relations and Social Media Account Executive to include:
- Follow company processes and work efficiently.
- Communicate directly and effectively with client contacts and team members daily.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing and editing.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of social media and stay up-to-date on social media trends.
- Execute social media strategies to increase engagement with target audiences, convey key messages and meet client/account goals.
- Manage client paid social media campaigns (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and develop detailed monthly reports using reporting software such as Simply Measured.
- Create and schedule strategic and engaging social media content for a variety of different platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest. Content creation and participation in live Instagram and Facebook events.
- Community management including messaging development, responding to comments, direct messages and requests.
- Monitor analytics and trends on Sprout Social, Simply Measured, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram Analytics, etc. and adjust the posting schedule as needed for constant improvement.
- Support media relations campaigns through the development of strategic pitches, press releases, bylined articles, fact sheets, as well as develop and maintain effective media lists and editorial calendars.
- Develop relationships with local, regional, national, trade media and influencers and bloggers to support media relations and influencer campaigns for pet and veterinary clients.
- Monitor and report client media coverage on a daily basis and within campaign, weekly and quarterly reports.
- Develop and distribute email marketing campaigns for clients, FWV Fetching and PetPR.com.
- Collaborate with team members in all departments and engage in traditional and digital creative project management.
- Manage event planning and provide on-the-ground support for events and other client activities.
- Utilize company software and tools. Including, but not limited to: Simply Measured, Cision, Google Alerts, Burrelles Luce, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook and Instagram Analytics, Microsoft Office, Sprout Social, Google Drive, Skype and GoTo Meeting.
- BA/BS degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Ability to work full-time between the business hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. EST
- Three to five years of public relations and social media experience (consumer pet products and/or veterinary industry is strongly preferred, but not required)
- 1+ year of account/client management experience
- Strong writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using email marketing and website management tools, such as: WordPress, MailChimp, Hatchbuck and/or Hubspot.
- Ability to travel periodically to clients’ offices, industry trade shows and agency events.
- Experience managing multiple projects and prioritizing; demonstrates a sense of urgency in responding to client questions and requests.
- The ability to be detail oriented, self-motivated and mindful of remote working best practices. Previous experience as a remote employee is preferred.
This role will report to the team’s supervisors and collaborate with a team of publicists, writers, digital marketers and social media professionals.
Public Relations and Social Media Account Executive candidates should email their cover letter, LinkedIn URL, resume showing three to five years of experience and writing samples or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should be your name followed by (Account Executive). No phone calls.
Last updated: January 09, 2018