If you are exhibiting at a tradeshow, here are 6 must-do’s related to getting a press release written and distributed. Why do this?
To draw attention to your booth; to tell journalists why you’re there; and to leverage this newsworthy opportunity to connect with your target audiences. This won’t take long — use the template at this link — and take advantage of this important public relations tool. [And if you need help, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me directly at 877 703 3824 x 105]
Here we go!
1. Download the template and follow the 8 steps for writing your press release to promote your booth.
2. Consider your target audience – journalists will read your release, and will need to know how to contact you. Make sure your Media Contact is a company representative who will be available to take calls and respond to emails during the tradeshow.
3. List the dates and times for special events, demonstrations, or contests at your booth. As journalists plan their own itineraries, they can slot in the information you provide.
4. Include your Twitter handle and the hashtag for the tradeshow. This is important for real-time connections during the show.
5. Use PetPR.com to distribute the release. Easy and fast and affordable: start here, and upload your release and logo. I recommend that you consider the pet bloggers list and the pet/veterinary trades list. Then finish your order with promo code Facebook20. Save 20%. Pay via PayPal, and you’re done! PetPR.com will notify you immediately upon receipt of the release. In addition to distributing the release to your media list selections, the release will be placed on PetPR.com’s Newsroom and Facebook page for even more exposure to pet influencers and media.
6. Print copies to share at the booth. Post the release on your website and share on your social media pages.
Have a great show, and call me with any last-minute questions!
– Liz Lindley
CEO, Fetching Communications & PetPR.com