Fetching Communications® Seeks Public Relations Superstar
September 8, 2010
Now Interviewing Qualified Candidates for Full-Time, Account Manager Position Opening Fall 2010
Are you a media relations guru? Do you have tons of experience procuring national press coverage for consumer goods and services? Does your portfolio include a wide range of recent national magazine, TV, newspaper, radio and online hits? Do you have agency experience? Then, you need to give us a “bark!”
Of all U.S. households, 63% own pets. That’s nearly 70 million homes. In 2009 Americans spent 45.5 billion dollars on their pets for pet food, accessories, veterinary care, medications, gifts and maintenance. No doubt, the pet industry is booming. At Fetching Communications®, our unique niche is in representing companies that cater to pets and the people who care for them.
We are looking for a skilled and accomplished Account Manager, with extensive strategy planning and successful national media pitching experience. This position is accountable for ensuring the satisfaction and retention of valued clients through effective design and implementation of marketing communications and PR campaigns. This role requires an individual to be innovative, driven and produce solid results in a fast-paced environment. In other words, you need to “shake a leg!”
On top of this, you will:
- Pitch the media daily: The Account Manager is responsible for day-to-day media outreach. Superstar candidates have proven experience pitching stories, booking interviews and procuring product placements in national consumer media for consumer goods and services. We need a results-oriented professional who takes great pride in his or her work and has the ability to help our clients meet revenue goals through significant media exposure. You must embrace our proven system of e-mailing, calling, mailing and creatively pitching the media.
- Conduct media training: Effectively prepare client spokespeople for media interviews.
- Participate in social media: Our ideal candidate will identify, propose and initiate social media opportunities on our clients’ behalf. Stay three steps ahead of clients and actively participate in social media.
- Help justify our existence: The Account Manager will help us provide a true business case to our clients, linking pitching reports with results and sales.
- Sit, speak and play well with others: Our team embodies the following adjectives - professional, innovative, dependable, trustworthy, problem solvers, persuasive, supportive, compassionate, respectful, self-motivated, articulate and optimistic.
- Work from your home office: “Marking your territory” from a home environment takes a special person who is a self-starter and disciplined. Candidates must meet Fetching Communications’ home office and system requirements to be considered for this opportunity.
No Bones About It! Here’s What Makes You Qualified:
- You’re a pet owner with personal understanding about the role pets play in our lives today.
- You have successfully pitched consumer products and services to national TV, radio, magazines and newspapers.
- You have two years of verifiable experience in a similar position at a marketing communications or PR agency.
- You are incredibly organized and detail oriented, and take great pride in every project you put your name on.
- You work well under pressure and balance a broad workload on a daily basis.
- You are technologically savvy, resourceful and ahead of the new media curve.
- You’re an innovative thinker that takes initiative and dream up unique ways to pitch the media.
- Due to your dogged personality, you will hound the media with call after call after call after call until you get your client superstar publicity hits.
- You have a suitable home office environment equipped with late model PC (running Windows XP or newer), or Mac (running OS X Leopard or newer), MS Office Suite (MS Office 2003 or MS Office 2008 Mac), smart phone with email, texting and unlimited long distance, reliable Internet (IE 7 or newer, Firefox 3.0 or newer, Safari 3.0 or newer) and e-mail provider, printer/fax/scanner machine.
- Start date varies – we would like to have 2-3 superstars ready to begin as we close new business in September, October and November.
- Candidates who live close to Tampa are preferred. However, we will consider super-duper-stars from other cities.
- Four-year degree in public relations, marketing, journalism or related field, AND two years or more consumer media relations experience is required. Marketing experience and agency experience preferred.
$40,000-$48,000 per year. Please note, this is a firm salary range and we do not offer a higher salary range for this position. There are many opportunities for advancement at our agency and we offer fun incentives from new business bonuses to purple points once you have been with our team for at least three months (plus, we are fabulous to work with!). Due to the hundreds of resumes we receive, we ask that if you are interested in a salary range outside this compensation level that you do not apply for the position.
Interested and qualified? Please submit your resume, superstar work samples and salary history/requirements to email@example.com. Please include your name in the titles of your attachments and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Thank you so much for your interest!
About Fetching Communications:
Fetching Communications is a marketing communications and public relations firm focused exclusively on reputable companies selling products or providing services to pet owners or organizations that want to reach consumers who are passionate about their pets.
Our niche focus, unique understanding of the industry and relationships within the pet marketplace offer our clients a distinct advantage. Over the years we’ve established affiliations with all facets of the pet industry as well as respected pet-oriented journalists across the country.
We’re a results-oriented team of communications professionals that celebrates the power of the human-animal bond. Fetching Communications associates share an affinity for pets and we value the opportunity to contribute professionally to an industry experiencing steady growth.
Our Dogma! Core values at Fetching include Loyalty, Excellence, Prosperity, Community and Life Balance. Check us out on the web at www.FetchingCommunications.com.